The forcast for the weekend was rain rain rain but there was a glimmer of hope for Monday! Friday I was able to get off work early, so that I could clean the house before my mom arrived. She got here about 3:30 on friday afternoon and we were able to sit and talk and catch up on eachothers lives. We decided that it would be a good night to have some BBQ even though it was raining outside. Zac BBQed steak and salmon! Yum!
By the time we got home it was already late into the afternoon. We decided to just relax, watch a movie and order some pizza!
The food was delicious! We had so much funenjoying eachothers company and the awesome atmosphere.When we got back to the house we got into our comfy clothes, put on a fire and watched young frankenstein. A perfect way to end the night.
Monday monring, sunshine! My mom and I were so excited to wake up and see the sun in the sky! We decided that today would be a great day to head into St. Helena and walk around. We got up, got ready and headed into town around 10:30. It was so nice to be able to walk around in the sun! We first stopped at Woodhouse to pick up some chocolate for my dad. It is always so fun to look at their window display and see everything made out of chocolate.
We walked around some more and my mom wanted to go to her favorite store of course! She loves Vintage Home. I was able to go in Footcandy and look at all the gorgous shoes! I found the cutest pair of rain boots that I wanted to buy but I just might wait till Christmas :) With all this rain we have been having I think I need some dress rain boots. So by now we are getting hungry so we found a a cute little place in town called AKA bistro. The food was so good ( you can't really go wrong in Napa Valley). After we stuffed ourselves it was time to head back to Calistoga.
My mom had to pack up and head home once we got back :( It was sad to see her go but we had so much fun this weekend! It was so much fun being able to hang out with my momma, I love her so much!! Can't wait til next time. Check out more pictures from our weekend at: www.kimberlyzachery.shutterfly.com
No comments:
Post a Comment