Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sunny So Cal


Oh southern California! So this last weekend I made
a trip down to So Cal to see my family. It had been awhile since I had seen them. For Christmas I had bought my mom and sister a photo shoot in our wedding dresses, that was another reason for making the trip! So Thursday morning I was all packed up and headed to the Oakland airport, it was so foggy and cold out. As you can see from the picture above when I landed in beautiful San Diego it was a sunny 80 degree's out! My mom and sister came to pick me up at the airport, in her mini cooper!

We decided to grab some food on our way home from the airport. We got to Escondido and stopped at Chilis for some chips and salsa, my favorite! It was so nice to be home and the weather was just gorgeous!

On Friday my sister had to work so my mom and I decided to have a girls day! We got ready for our day and then headed out. My mom wanted to show me a new shop in Escondido called the Urban Barn. It is almost like an antique/ thrift store, lots of very cool stuff! After looking around Urban Barn we decided to head over to the coast to do a little shopping! Again, the weather was gorgeous.

After the coast it was back to to Esco to finish up our last errands. We needed flowers, for the shoot! My mom is awesome at at arranging flowers so we went to Trader Joes and picked out some beautiful bright flowers for her to work with. So after getting all the boquets together I was checking the weather, not good! RAIN! I had planned this weekend just for the photo shoot and when I left Nor Cal it said that it was going to be sunny! I was so disapointed. I had been contacting Kristina ( our photographer) all night and we decided to wait till first thing in the morning and then decided if we were going to go through with the pictures.

Well Sunday came and there was nothing but clouds! So sad. It had been gorgeous every other day and even Monday said sunny. After talking to Kristina in the morning we finally decided on not going through with pictures :( She wanted them to be perfect and I agreed. I was trying to force it to happen but it was just not going to work out. Here are some pictures of the flowers my momma made:
Oh sunday :( So needless to say I was not in the best mood. I was so looking forward to these pictures with my momma and sister. Finally I got over it and decided it was for the best and my mom and sister took me out to cheer me up! 

My sister had heard about this placed called "The Counter". It is a burger place where you get to build your burger just how you want it! We put on our warm coats and headed out into the cloudy weather. When we got over to the coast it started raining, not to hard and not for very long but still...rain. After devouring our delicious burgers it was time for some shopping! I was feeling better already!


After finishing up our shopping we headed home. My childhood best friend Tiffany was heading over to say Hi. I was super excited to see her because this would be the first time seeing her since I found out she was pregnant! We were able to hang out and catch up with each other. So nice to see her!

It was already Monday and time for me to head back home to Nor Cal! Mom and I headed up to Newport beach to have breakfast with Jen before she went to work, then it was off to John Wayne for me. The weekend didn't go exactly how I had planned but it was still an amazinf trip and I love being able to spend time with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment