Busy. I have been so busy lately. I am really slacking on my blogging. I will try my best to catch up. I still need to post about my trip to West Coast Moto jam and seeing monster trucks! But for today I am going to post about my little fishing trip I went on yesterday.
So randomly Zac bought a boat for the summer. And once Tye found out we had a boat he was all about taking it out striper fishing. So we planned everything out and woke up about 2:00am on Friday. We were headed down to the San Luis reservoir to try our luck. We first met Tye at his house and got all the fishing poles and the bait together. We finally made it to the lake at around 7:00am. Since we were going out on a reservoir we were not allowed to have any water coming from the boat. I guess they don't want it contaminating the water. Our boat also had to go through an inspection. We passed and were ready to head out on the water. The guy there told us that the water was pretty choppy and that if you see the flashing yellow light turn to red, you need to get off the water right away. Tye was telling us that every year someone dies there. It was a little nerve wracking but our little boat did awesome over the 3 foot swells. He was right, it was very choppy but around 10:00am the water turned smooth as glass.
Tye caught the first fish of the day. It was very exciting! We were all bundled up because it was so cold out. But by 10:00 when the water started to smooth out the sun heated up and we had to take off all our warm jackets. Not long after Tye caught his first fish he caught another. The minimum for keeping these fish is 18 inches. All of the fish we caught were at least 18, Nick caught the biggest one of the day which I believe was a little over 20. We all got a chance to reel one in. It was so much fun! They sure put up a fight. The boys wanted me to hold it for a picture and let me tell you it was so hard to make myself okay with touching that thing, yuck!
I think we stayed out on the late till about 1:00. The wind picked up and the water started to get really choppy again so we thought it would be best to head back to the dock before it got a little to wild for us. We made it back safely although Zacs sweet hat didn't make it. We got the boat all cleaned up and took some final pictures of the fish we caught. It was such an awesome day, I had so much fun! I loved being out on the water, just laying out in the sun with the music playing. Zac and I are excited to make some upgrades to the boat to make it even more comfortable to be in.
That was my day yesterday. Today Zac is gone and Jasons bachelor party. I wish he was here so we could hang out but I know he is going to have fun at the party. We have been so busy ever since we moved that we haven't had any time with just each other so I am hoping we can sneak in a date night soon. This next weekend Zac is going to be at work and on Sunday I am headed to Angels camp with Cindy for a family vacation. Zac won't be getting there till Monday afternoon I believe. I am so excited to have a break from work. I took the whole week off! I try my best to make every weekend feel like Im on a vacation. It sure makes my weekends something to look forward to! Anyways I hope that ya'll have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment