My mind has been non-stop thinking and planning about all the things for the future. Sometimes it can be really exciting and sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. Anyways I thought it might be a good idea to get outside for a bite and clear my head. Zac was working OT at his fire department (which is in Mill Valley) so I thought it might be fun to meet him when he got off work and do a hike up Mount Tamalpias, luckily he thought it would be a great idea. So Friday morning (I happened to have the day off) I was in my jeep headed out to Mill Valley. I was thinking there might be a lot of traffic on a Friday morning but I headed out around 7:00 and I didn't hit any! Woo Hoo! Our trailhead was right at the bottom of the mountain and luckily Zacs department is right at the bottom of the mountain so it was a very short drive there. Zac goes mountain biking there so he knew right where to go. Off we went on our hike!
It was so crazy to be hiking and look up thinking "how the hell are we going to get all the way up there?" It seemed lilt it was MILES and MILES away….which is actually was. Once we got home we tried to map out the different trails we took and figured that it was about 5 miles each way, so a total of 10 miles. And the first 5 miles were ALL up hills….obviously. We were early enough in the morning where it wasn't to hot yet, plus being right by the coast really helped to keep things cool. However, once the sun was out it was HOT and hiking straight up hill doesn't help. I kept looking around and one side was completely socked in with fog while the other side of the mountain seemed to have all the fog burned off.
As we hiked up higher and higher I kept imagining how this hike would feel with a 25lb pack. I was so thankful that it was just me with no gear. Although I feel like it is something I COULD do but I would want it to be a lot cooler.
Well we finally reached the top and I was happy to see that they had drinking fountains to fill up my water bottle. Once we finally stopped going up hill we could finally cool down! The view was gorgeous. Just like I had seen on the way up one side was clear and you could see everything while the other side was covered in fog. Although looking above the fog was a much more pleasant site. We spent a little time walking around and getting some pictures before it was time to head back down the mountain. I think it took us about 4 hours all together. Rocked it.
Once we got back from our hike we wanted to work on our bar. So when we bought our house a few years ago there was a weird opening in the dining room wall where a fireplace used to be. I originally wanted to put a fireplace back in but Zac was thinking it might be hard to get permits and with all the no burn days we have here it might not be worth it. My next option was to put a REAL bar in the space. We had a make shift bookshelf that we put our wine in but I was ready for an upgrade! I gave Zac an idea of how I wanted it to look and before I knew it he had it all drawn out to scaled (he's good that way). The other weekend we had bought all the wood we needed and stained it so now it was time to put it all together. Im really surprised how easily and how quickly everything went into place but when you have such a handy hubby like mine, I guess thats just how it goes! It took us about two days to completely finish the built in bar and it looks amazing! I am SO happy with how it turned out. So now instead of me talking about it more Im just going to show you some before and after pictures, enjoy:






No comments:
Post a Comment