Sunday, March 13, 2016

Rain

So rumor has it we are in a drought. Well its been raining non-stop for the past few days! And its driving me kinda crazy.  Im not saying I don't appreciate the lovely rain we are getting right now but I like when it rains and then we get a break from the rain.  Plus I haven't been feeling so well and having it be dark gloomy and you're stuck in the house all day is not the best feeling in the world.  Although I guess its better then being trapped in the house when the day looks gorgeous and you feels to crappy to go out and enjoy it. 

My last post was all about our patio area that we have been working on.  Well it is still in process and the rain has been slowing us down.  The roof is all finished and the bricks are down….well….half of them.  We ran out of the type of brick we need to finish the area.  So hopefully we will be able to purchase some more bricks to finish.  While we are shopping for bricks Zac has been perfecting our fire pit.  We bought all the items we needed to get it going this weekend and while I was picking up our bedroom earlier today I saw fire! Looked pretty nice out there (minus the rain of course). I think tomorrow is our first day in awhile where the rain is suppose to stop for awhile. I am hoping that I will feel a little better and I can work on cleaning up the yard a bit.  With all this rain the weeds have been crazy!  

My mom and sister are coming to visit this coming weekend and I am very excited! I think the rain is going to stop so we can really enjoy our time together.  We will have fun no matter what but its always a little nicer when its not pouring rain.  Plus my mom got us tickets to go to a cheese festival in Petaluma on Sunday so no rain will be ideal for that day! Who doesn't love cheese!? So that is whats to come, now I am going to go back a little bit to a week ago:

This is Rebecca and I last week at Kunde.  Awhile back she had told me that her and Tyeler were going to be in Santa Rosa beginning of March to visit.  Because they live a few hours away and we don't get to see them very often I decided to take the day off of work so that we could spend some quality time together.  So Thursday came around and we decided we would have a girls day, do brunch and go wine tasting.  I was excited to take her to my winery even though this time of year its a little gloomy looking without all the leaves, vines and flowers.  We started off with a little brunch and then headed to Kunde.  Because it was in the middle of the day on a week day we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.  A man named Bob did our tasting and he was GREAT!  He was so knowledgeable about everything and was able to answer all of our questions.  Time flew by while we were there.  We had a lot of fun drinking wine and catching up on each others lives.  We also did quite of bit of wedding talk which was fun!

Sweet Bob

We had to get Bob in a picture with us.  One of the first things he said to us is if him and his wife had two girls they were going to name them Kimberly and Rebecca.  So meet Rebecca, Bob and Kimberly Beck.

After we finished our tasting it was time to head back into town.  The family was getting together for dinner. So off we went.  On the way back we happened to drive by a beautiful mustard flower field.  This time of year they are EVERYHWHERE and we couldn't pass up a perfect picture opportunity. 

It was a very fun day! Now rain, go away so I can have some more fun outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment