Monday, June 20, 2016

One week and counting

Okay, so we are one week down and who knows how many more days. A week ago my sweet husband got called out to a fire at Happy Camp (ironic I know).  I was hoping with the little bit of rain that we got they would send him right home, but that is not the case.  This last friday was my last day at work and I am officially on my summer vacation. I only wish that my hubby was home to enjoy it with me so here is hoping that they send him home soon!

I have been trying to keep busy this last week so I thought I would update you all on what I have been up to. But first I am going to rewind to the Thursday before Zac left because I got to do something that is SO much fun, wedding dress shopping! Not for me of course but for my soon to be sister Becca! I feel so honored that she asked me to be a bridesmaid. Not to get all mushy on you but I feel like Becca and I are in such a good place right now and to be honest that wasn't always the case. Our relationship has had a few ups and downs in the last few years but I truly feel like we have both worked on things and are getting really close again which makes me feel really good! When she was first introduced to me (at my rehearsal dinner) I was super excited to have another girl join the family! Now I get to be a part of her wedding and share in such a wonderful experience.  Im excited for the future and to get closer to my new sister.

Anyways, leaving the mushy stuff and back to what I was talking about. So she invited me with a few other bridesmaids, her mom and Cindy to go wedding dress shopping.  Of course I was very excited to do that, I love that stuff. So I requested off a day of work and got to spend the entire day watching her try on beautiful gowns! Its a difficult thing helping a bride choose her dress….everyone has different tastes, different opions, different ideas in their head but all that really matters is the bride likes her dress.  I must say after 3 different places and multiple dresses she finally found "the one" and she looks gorgeous! I think the dress suits her perfectly and I can't wait to see the final product. 

So now we will move on to the weekend. So Zac had to work Saturday and would get off on Sunday.  Sunday I had plans to meet my mom in SolBar.  She was in town (Napa) visiting her best friend and while she was in the area she wanted to see me! So we met in Calistoga and had an amazing brunch at SolBar. The weather was perfect. We just sat outside and enjoyed the amazing food and weather.  Earlier that morning Zac was suppose to come home, however I got a text from him telling me that he was being sent out on a fire. Yay. Its never a good time when he leaves but if he had to go we didn't have anything planned so it kinda worked out for him to be gone.  

So after I enjoyed brunch with my mom and her bestie I headed back over the hill to Santa Rosa and met up with my friend Courtney so that I could check in on her and see her new baby boy Deacon. He is only a little over a month old and I was excited to meet him! I also was able to see the plans for her new home that her and Denver are building.  Its going to be beautiful.
So now we will fast forward to this weekend.  Zac is still not home and I have been trying to stay busy.  Sometimes I do okay when Im by myself but being alone for a week gets old pretty quickly, Im ready for him to be back home.  Saturday I had an appointed in Calistoga and then was able to meet up with my friend Lorena for lunch. Sunday was fathers day so I headed over to Steve and Cindys to celebrate with them.  My dad was backpacking. He did come home a day early so I was able to facetime with him.  That brings us to today, Monday. Zac is still up at the fire. It has been pretty warm here, I wanted to take Hudson on a walk but with this heat we had to get started fairly early.  We headed over to Spring Lake and it was beautiful! It was so refreshing to just be outside and enjoy the gorgeous day! It was warming up by the time Huddy and I got home so I dropped him off and headed out to run some errands.

So now that Im on vacation lets hope my hubby comes back home so that we can go camping and do something fun! Sorry for the short sporadic post but thats all I have for right now!






No comments:

Post a Comment