gan to get very nervous, Im not good with cold water.Today was the big day! We met at our office at around 9:30 and then headed over to Aarons house ( our surf instructor for the day) to pick up his board and wetsuit. Off we went to Dillon Beach. It was foggy out but I was hoping for the best! We stopped at the surf shack in Bodega bay to rent our wetsuits and surf boards. We made sure that my wetsuit was nice and thick!
When we got there Aaron gave Manny and I surfing lesson, the basic do's and don'ts. Then we put our booties and caps on and headed out into the ocean! I was so scared that I was going to freeze but when I got in I was suprised to not feel a thing. Slowly but surely some cold water seeped in but it warmed right up. I later found out that the water temp that day was about 53 degrees...brrrr!
After about an hour and and a half of trying to ride the waves I was ready to take a break. I never realized how exhausting it is surfing, the waves just hitting you over and over and once you ride one in you have to try and get back out to catch another wave. I wasn't able to stand up but I did get up on
my knees a couple times, good enough for me!Around 2:00 we decided it was time to get something to eat so we drove down the road to a small little diner and enjoyed some delicous food! What a day!
Way to go Sister Sue!!
ReplyDelete