Monday, June 20, 2011

Time To Get Away!


I am skipping a blog post. I am suppose to be posting about Tiffanys awesome baby shower but Im not sure if I am ready for that one yet. I am exhausted from work so I think I need a short, easy blog post. Zac and I were thinking we would like to get away for a weekend and spend some quality time together. So Zac decided to plan a camping trip! It was last minute.

I got off work on Friday and went over to Zac's parents house to meet up with my honey :) We loaded up "Ol Red" ( his newest old truck) and off we went! We had to stop at Wally World to pick up a few things and then grabbed some Taco Bell.

We arrived at Trout Creek which is right before you get to Lake Pillsbury. I think it was about an hour and half to two hour drive. We got there and it was still light out so we were able to take a look around the area, pick a campsite and set up! There weren't to many open places so Im glad we left Friday right after work. After we got everything set up Zac and I relaxed with some wine and some Texas Hold Em!

Saturday arrived and I woke up to not only the beautiful outdoors but a delicious breakfast of eggs, patatoes and my favorite morning star links :) So after breakfast we were ready to take Hudson to the river and Zac was ready to fish so off we went. So this little hike to the river was a good and bad thing. First of all it was awesome because Zac caught a huge rainbow trout but the bad part was I was holding on to Hudson.....and he is one BIG dog! Anyways long story short he wanted to be over with Zac and he pulled me along with him, it wasn't great. After deciding that Hudson is not to fun when he is tied up we thought we would get in the truck and drive down to a different part of the river and try that! I was SO freaked out about letting Hudson off the leash because although he is beautiful he is not very bright and I was worried he would run away and never come back. Zac was reassured me that he would run around and go off by himself but he would always come back to check and see where we were and he was right :) Hudson ran around, did his hot laps and swam in the river,he had a blast! It made me feel so relieved. We spent an hour or two, Zac fished, I spent some time in the sun, we made some sandwiches and then called it a day.


Once we were back at camp we were alittle warn out from the sun so we decided we would take a nap, plus Hudson was OUT! When the baby is sleeping we are sleeping. We woke up from our nap, did a little walk around the campground and took Hudson down to the river for one more dip. It was already time for dinner and Zac made french fries and burgers, Yum! And of course for dessert, smores! Sunday morning we got up and headed back to reality! And not to mention it was fathers day. What a fun trip :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had the best weekend! Hudson is getting SO big!!

    ReplyDelete