Okay so here we go. For mine and Zacs two year we decided to go on a cruise! Exciting, yes? No. Lets start at the begining. So early Thursday morning Zac and I headed down to SoCal to visit my family before we headed out on our cruise. We got to Escondido in the early afternoon and after having a meal at Chilies with my mom we dropped Zac off at home to rest while we headed up to to Temecula to see the Bowman girls ( and get my hair done). After spending a long time at the salon I left with blonder hair, something I am trying out for now. While we were in Temecula we found out that most of San Diego county's power had gone out! I was a little creeped out by that mostly because 9/11 was around the corner but at some time druring the night. Thank you power!
Zac was getting worse by the minute. I was telling him I don't think we should go on the crusie but he still thought that he would get better and wanted to go. We finally made it to Long Beach and had to go through all the secruity to get on on the boat and poor poor Zac was not doing well at all! We headed straight to our room because thats pretty much all we could do. Once he was laying down I went to the back of the boat to try and watch the boat leave the port. I waited a bit but after awhile I decided to head back to the room to check on Zac. He was still not feeling welll. So that night I ordered some room service and called it a night. Zac, however, was up all night throwing up. Sea sick, nope. So with hardly any sleep, for both of us we decided that at 8:00am when the doctor on the boat opened we would head down there to try and get something for Zac to feel better. The doctor gave him a shot and some meds to help with the pain but the meds made him super super tired so he was back to bed for the whole day. Not that he could get up even if he wanted to, because he threw up on the boat they put him on a 24 hour "quarintine" meaning he could not leave the room for 24 hours. Well that was a total bummer, especially because this was the only day off the boat in Ensanada. So to add to the bad news our excursion in Mexico was canceled as well ( which was going to a resort to use their pool). I didn't want to be stuck on the boat all day so I thought I would head in to Mexico by myself. I got all dolled up and even put on a cute dress! I got off the boat, paid my $3 for the bus ride into town, walked one block and thought what the heck am I doing? I don't know anyone, Im by myself and I don't know the language......See ya! I was back to the boat in no time. I checked on Zac and then decided to head up to the lido deck to enjoy the gorgeous weather. I laid out, ordered some drinks and enjoyed the sun.
This was the one day that I actaully enjoyed. After being in the sun for a few hours and totally relaxed I needed to find something else to do to keep myself busy. I headed back to the room to check on Zac ( who was still sleepning). I thought why don't I treat myself to a massage! So off I went to schedule myself a nice little massage. So I had a nice little day on my own and headed back to the room for some more room service and to watch some TV.
Sunday: Stuck on a boat with nothing to do. Zac was still not doing very well. I wasn't really enjoying being all by myself on this boat. I walked around as much as I could but I ended up back in the room where I watch some movies for most of the afternoon until the sun set. I was ready for the morning to come so we could head back to land! The sad thing is, is that the cruise would of been SO much fun! I wish my hubby was not feeling so horrible so he/we could of enjoyed it. Anyways it is Friday today and Zac is finally getting back to normal. Thank goodness. We did go to the hospital when we got back up north to see what was going on but everything looked okay so we just had to wait it out. I hope that we can go on another crusie and next time Zac will feel better!! Happy two year anniversary babe, one to remember!
Aww :( That's a bummer!!
ReplyDeleteGood thing you'll have many many more anniversaries to come to make up for this one!!