Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It finally happened.

Well its here people. I finally got "sick". The other day I woke up with a sore throat. I made it through the day and went to bed early but today, not so good. My voice sounds like a man and I felt like I wanted to just lay down! Well thankfully I have the nicest co-workers! Yesterday my friend Martha brought me chicken noodle soup and a cookie and Dr.Wyatt gave me some sudafed! Today my friend Melinda bought me some tea, a tangerine and this drink thats called Synergy. Now, this drink is suppose to help me feel better but its tastes...weird. It almost is like a fizzy vinegar. I'll do anything to feel better, so down the hatch it goes.

I must say on my drive home I actually felt like I might be on the mend. I really think that all my sweet co-workers coming to my aid has boosted my spirits. The other day my friend Martha wrote on my facebook:

"If knowing that someone cares
helps the healing process...
.... Then you should be feeling better already. :)"


Thanks to all the great people in my life!

On a second, not so good note. Zac found out yesterday that he did not get the full time position at Mill Valley. To say he was disapointed is an understatment. However, today is a new day and we are both feeling better! We are keeping our heads held high and we know that his day will come! Better luck next time. Here is something my momma sent me the other day to help lift mine and Zacs spirits.

I'll be happy when...
 

     We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get
married,  have a baby,  then another.    Then we are frustrated that the
kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are.    After
that,  we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with.    We will
certainly be happy when they are out of that stage.    We tell ourselves
that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act
together,  when we get a nicer car,  when we are able to go on a nice
vacation or when we retire.

     The truth is there's no better time to be happy than right now.
If not now, when?    Your life will always be filled with challenges.

     It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.
Happiness is the way.

     So,  treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more
because you shared it with someone special,  special enough to spend
your time with ..... and remember that time waits for no one.

     So,  stop waiting
Until your car or home is paid off.
Until you get a new car or home.
Until your kids leave the house.
Until you go back to school.
Until you finish school.
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married.
Until you get a divorce
Until you have kids.
Until you retire.
Until summer..
Until spring.
Until winter.
Until fall.

     There is no better time than right now to be happy.     Happiness
is a journey,  not a destination.    So work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,  and dance like no one's watching.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. It's good to remember these things and stay present!
    Better luck next time to Zac!!

    ReplyDelete