So yesterday at work was not the best day but I managed to pull through. I made it all the way home, got out of my truck and heard this strange whisteling sound. It was already dark but I used my handy flashlight app on the good ol Iphone and discovered that one of my tired was loosing air! Not because it had something stuck in it but because the valve where you put the air in had a huge crack! First thing I did was call my husband (who is at work of course) and ask him for some suggestions. He said for now I should put the truck up on a jack so that when my tire goes flat it won't bend my wheel.
So I usually woun't take pictures of myself changing a tire but I happen to have pictures because Zac wanted to make sure that I put the jack stand on the frame rail. Im not some car savvy girl but I know how to jack up a truck and put a jack stand under the frame rail. It was cold last night and I could barely see so I thought I would just get things ready and then tomorrow (today) would be go time.
My day to sleep in I woke up at 7:30. I guess thats an extra hour and a half then usual. I wanted to go back to sleep but I could NOT stop thinking about my flat tire and my hair appointment I had to get to by 2:00, so up I got. I dressed warm because its been SO cold lately and its going to rain today. I got my manual out from my truck and got started. I had my spare tire down from under my truck in no time. Once I moved over to the tire with the flat, well thats when it got difficult. I knew what I needed to d, loosen all the nuts and remove the tire and pop the new one on. I tried my very hardest to get those suckers off but they were on there tight! I even wanted to use Zacs new impact gun but the garage is such a mess I don't know how I would find a socket to fit. So after trying for a bit and hurting my hands I ended up calling my father in law. He told me to be safe he was going to come over and help me. Thank goodness!
He was over and had my spare was on! He did tell me that those nuts were on there so tight that there is no way I would of been able to get them off. He was also impressed that I was able to get that far on my own. So what did I learn today?A) I KNOW how to change a tire B) Im not strong enough to get my tire off and C) It might be a good idea to get AAA. Anyways almost time to get ready to go to my hair appointment. Hope you enjoyed this little story!
No comments:
Post a Comment