I had asked my friend Manny from work if him and his wife would like to come with us. Manny had been once before and his wife Yoli had never been. I thought this would be perfect because I have not been in such a long time that I would be re-learning everything. Thankfully we had Zac with us who is a great snow boarder. We kept checking the weather and it was going all over the place, one day snow then rain, then wind. I was a little concerned that we would have bad weather while we were there. No one wants to get rained on while they are snow boarding.
Saturday morning arrived and Zac and I were up by 4:00am to head over to Santa Rosa. We dropped off Hudson and the grandparents house so he wouldn't be locked up all day. We met Manny and Yoli at Zacs parents and we were on the road a little after 5:00am. It was already raining on our drive but once we made it to Placerville the rain was no where to been seen. We stopped for some breakfast at a delicious little restaurant called Buttercup Cafe, yum! Once our bellies were full we headed back up the mountain. We got to Sierra at about 9:00 in the morning, we made great time! We got all our gear ready in the parking lot and off we went, first stop, the bunny slopes so that we could all catch our barrings ( except for Zac). Once I made it off the chair lift without falling I had high hopes. Its like riding a bike....right? I clipped my boots into my bindings and off I went! I was actually surprised at how well I did. I had a rush of excitement like....hey I can do this! Once I got down to the bottom it was back one more time before I wanted to head off to the bigger slopes. Manny and Yoli hung around the bunny slopes most of the day because it was Yolis first time. Zac was nice enough to hang out with me even though he is a much better boarder then I am. We had such and awesome time!
It was already near lunch time so we all met up at the lodge and took a little break. We all decided that we wanted to eat lunch at the top of the mountain and then we would all snowboard down together. The weather was perfect! Nice and sunny, almost a little to warm for my jacket. The snow wasn't the best but Im not a avid snow boarder so it didn't bother me. It was so nice to enjoy lunch at the top of the mountain with such and awesome view! After eating and making it down the mountain it was already 3:30. The lifts close at 4:00 so we thought we would end our day and head back to the truck. We were all tired! And boy am I feeling it today, I am SO sore! It was so worth it though, I had an awesome time.
No comments:
Post a Comment