Sunday, April 1, 2012

My house is naked.


Its true, my house looks naked. I guess I should start at the beginning. A week ago Zac and I were throwing around the idea of moving in with his youngest brother Nick. Nick owns his own house in Windsor and has recently become room mate-less. We thought about all the pros and the cons and there are really to many good things to pass up this opportunity. First, as you know Zac and I have been wanting to get into our own house. We pay so much in rent here in Calistoga so moving in with Nick would save us a lot of money. Second, its nice that Hudson won't be all alone and when Zac is gone for work I won't be all alone. Third, we are over in Santa Rosa all the time anyways so it will be so much more convenient to be on that side of the hill. I could go on and on and on. The main con with this move is that Zac and I are loosing "our own place" and having to store a lot of our things. When it comes down to it though we got to do what we got to do. This won't be permanent. I must admit I thought I was going to do okay packing up my stuff until I started putting away all my pictures, I don't know why but it hit me. Today we actually moved a lot of our things to a storage unit and it wasn't bad at all.

Anyways, yesterday we spent all day at Nicks house helping him paint one of his old room mates rooms. For some strange she felt the need to paint the room pepto bismal pink, no joke. It took about 4 coats of primer before the bright pink was barely there! Note to self, never ever paint a room bright pink.The picture below
does not even do it justice. Its so strange that I am moving yet again. I hate moving and the sad thing is that I
actually don't want to move. In the past Zac and I have found bigger and better houses but the house that we

are in now I am perfectly content with. Its a really cute house in a good area. I love the fact that I can hop on my bike and ride into town and meet our friends Chelsie and Jason for dinner. Its definitely going to take some getting used to moving to Windsor but I am excited for whats to come.

I'll let you know how the rest of the move goes. We really don't want to drag this out and if we can be all settled by next weekend. I'll be sure to take some pictures of our new room. Nick was nice enough to give us the master bedroom and the pink room. I know that even though its not my house it will be very important to make the space (my room) feel like its mine.

Besides all the change that is going to be coming my way I must say I am very excited about the future and what life has in store for me. I can't believe that summer is right around the corner. I can't wait! I feel like Zac and I already have a full schedule! We have a family trip to Angels Camp, a camping trip with friends, Jason and Chelsies wedding, Palm Springs family trip, hopefully a trip down south to see our dear friends Janelle and Dylan, a backpacking trip and who knows what else!

Well thats about it for now. Let me just say that I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband that takes such great care of me. In my eyes Zac and I have the perfect relationship and I think that most other couples in this world have what we have but thats not true. I am reminded more often then I like that unhealthy  relationships can take a toll on both parties. However, this just reminds me to cherish what I have. Zac and I are so lucky to have some of the best examples in the world, our parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment