Monday, January 20, 2014

I wouldn't mess with me



 Yup. I had a pretty good shooting day. Im pretty sure you can't get more bullseye then that. I  must say this whole archery thing is pretty fun! Zac and I set up our target the other day and got some practice in. My bow is a little more sighted in then his. We have been waiting on his arrow all weekend. He has to have ones a little more tough than mine because his poundage on his bow is….well a lot more than mine. I think he he shot one of my arrows he would shatter it. I don't even know if I mentioned in my last post that Zac bought a bow. He had so much fun shooting mine that he wanted to get one for himself. I must say yesterday I was feeling some soreness in my shoulder from pulling that arrow back. Usually my arm that holds the bow steady is the sore one. Hopefully the more I practice the stronger I will get and can up my weight as well.  I thought because shooting bow was pretty quite that Hudson would be okay with it. Everytime you shoot a gun he will run and hide. But looks like its shooting anything! Its so weird because he will be around the loudest noises like a table saw or a grinder but you get something in your hand to shoot like and bow or a gun and he is gone! Zac says he is smart for hiding but I dunno. 


      There is an archery course up at Lake Sonoma, so once we are more dialed in we want to go test that out. Its weird once you start getting into a new hobby you find out there is this whole other….world that you were missing. Every time we have been to the archery shop it is packed full of people! Its like when you want a certain car then all the sudden you start noticing them everywhere. I had not idea so many people were into archery. I know a lot of people hunt with bows but I don't think I will ever do that.  I really am an animal lover and can't see myself being able to kill one. To each their own though. Fish, however, now I can catch fish! 

Zac is on his first 96 hours off since probably September.  He is usually on a 2x4 schedule which means he works for 48 hours and then has 96 off. (dream schedule) But the fire department has been so short staffed lately its been the opposite for him. 96 hours on and only 48 hours off. It was really hard at first being by myself all the time but I got used to it. Needless to say having him home for 4 days has been amazing! Especially because 3 of them we have off together!

We were able to work on some house stuff over the last few days. We are working on organizing all of our outdoor activity stuff into one area. Zac built some shelving for me and we loaded it up with all our stuff. I must say we do have a lot….backpacking, camping, snowboarding, biking and decorations for the holidays. It is a work in progress but we are getting that back room organized. At least you can actually walk in it now! Zac also helped me put up my riddling racks that I got from my mom for Christmas.  Our house is turning into a home and I love it. I am so thankful that I am 27 years old and old my own home. Not many people get that opportunity. Of course while Zac was working so much I did some things on my own. I was able to put a bunch of curtains up in our living/dining room and I did a big organization in our closet!



I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned I have a ginormous closet. It even has a window in it. Its not exactly where I want it to be but in time I will make it beautiful. Other things have taken priority before vamping up my closet. 

Zac is at a meeting for work right now but we might be going on a bike ride later today. The weather up here has been so gorgeous I have really been wanting to get on my bike. Its been such a long time since I've ridden it. We got out our road bikes the other day and did a nice little tune up on them so they are ready to go. It sure is nice being married to a man that used to manage a bike shop :) But Im sure even if he didn't manage a bike shop he could still do it because I honestly thing he can do anything. He can tune bikes, build cars, build tables, put in sprinklers, build fences, he's a plumber, electrician, contractor, cook and an amazing husband. I don't know how I got so lucky. I can't wait till this fall because he will finally be off of his 18 month probation period. We are going to plan a trip to Cabo to celebrate. It will be our off probation celebration! He works so hard, he deserves it. 

Well its about time to actually get my day started! Who wants to sit around all day!? Not me! I got things to do. Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment