Christmas came and went so quickly. I always love spending time with my family. This year was a little different though. A year ago on Christmas day was the last time I talked, hugged and told my grandpa that I loved him. He was well, he understood me and thats how I choose to remember him. I don't remember very many Christmas's that we've spent apart so it felt very weird this year to not have him with us. I am thankful that my grandma was able to spend the holidays with us because I can't imagine how it could feel to have someone for 62 years and then…not. All I can say is that cherish every moment you have with the ones you love because you never know when it will be your last time.
I have had a lot of days off from work. Which has been heaven. Sadly though Zac's schedule has been so crazy we haven'y had a lot of time together. Looks like January is going to be no exception. I did a little count the other day and I think he will be home 9 days out of the 31. Now most of those days that he is home I will be at work, which means I will only get to see him in the evenings when I get home. So full days we have together will be…2 days? Maybe 3? Its pretty depressing if I think about it to much, thats why I try my best to just focus on one day at a time. Yesterday I took down the christmas tree which was a job in itself! But the tree was pretty dead, time to go! I got everything all cleaned up. Today was my laundry and grocery shopping day. I think there are two types of grocery shoppers….1) People like Zac who can go everyday and get what they want to cook for the night or 2) People like me who like to plan everything out go grocery shopping once and get it all done! Well thats what I did today! Quite the job. But I am excited about some of the new recipes I am join to try.
I have been feeling like my house is turning more into a home lately. You walk in the living/dining room and it doesn't feel like a random couch just placed in the room. Its really starting to come together which is nice. I just ordered a few rugs as well so I think that will really help it feel more "homey". The front yard is looking really good too. We went from a circle driveway with an ugly mount with cactus and ugly trees to a beautiful fenced in yard with 1500sq ft of grass and bark! My next project is going to be working on our "office". I talked with Zac and I think we are going to have it has a fishing storage/office room. We will see if I can make that look cute.
So Zac and I drove back up north on the 28th and had our 2nd Christmas with his family! It was kinda fun having two Christmases'. We got to open up all our gifts and then had a delicious dinner! My gift this year was the hit of the family. For some reason I asked Zac to get my a compound bow. I can't really explain how or why this popped into my head but as soon as it did, that was it. So after dinner we took out my new bow and shot it. So much fun! I think the boys liked it a lot. Zac told me that he now wants to get one. Im not a big hunter or anything like that. If people want to hunt, thats their thing, to each their own. Mine bow is for me to get good at shooting, fun and zombies! haha. I can't wait to get better and better. My arms are already sore from just shooting it a couple times the other night!
Anyways, tomorrow I am going to Corte Madera to go shopping with my mother in law. I still have my bonus burning a hole in my wallet so I am excited to go spend it. I have decided to get myself some new jeans! Its been awhile since I have purchased a new pair of jeans. I think I have waited long enough! Excited for a girls day. Plus I don't think I will make it till 12:00 for the new year tomorrow night! So shopping during the day will have to cut it.
Well hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! I can't wait to see what it will bring. I think that 2014 is going to be a great one!

No comments:
Post a Comment