The weather has been pretty gorgeous up here. Last weekend Zac and I went on our first camping trip of the year in Big Sur. It was awesome (blog post to follow). Since we were busy last weekend I thought that this weekend we could plan a little beach trip. I texted zacs brother Nick and invited him and his girlfriend to join us. I thought we could take the dogs and let them run around and have some fun. I am very thankful that Hudson has a friend and that him and Dozer are getting along.
We met up at safeway at 12:30 to pick up some snacks and drinks. Then it was off to the beach. Zac and I had gone to this area about a year or more ago with our friends Chelsie and Jason. We found a secluded beach for the dogs to run around. It is mostly secluded because you have to go down a cliff to get to it. We gave nick a bit of a warning about the trek down but I don't think they were really prepared. Hudson is like a mountain goat and he zoomed down. I am always so amazed at how well he does on rocks. He scares me half to death sometimes but he makes it seem like its so easy.
Once we got down to our private beach for the day we let the boys run and play. We set up our music, some towels and just hung out. It was nice to actually have a sunny semi warm day at the beach. We were there a few hours before the fog started to roll in and it got a little chilly. We decided it was time to head back up the cliff to our vehicles. I had made reservations and Willis Wine Bar at 6:30 so we had enough time to head home, freshen up and then head to dinner.
Hudson slept the entire ride home, he was pooped! Once Zac and I got home we realized how tired we were and took a little nap before going to dinner. It was a great way to start out my spring break!
Yesterday Zac and I were able to spend all day at home just hanging out. It was really nice. Zac was getting some work done on our new boat (blog post to follow). It was such a beautiful sunny warm day out that I just sat in the boat while he worked away!
Early in the afternoon Zac got a text from our friend Kyle about stopping by to see the boat. I haven't seen Kyle or Lorena since they had there little baby Tomas 3 weeks ago so I was excited to see them! They live pretty close to us so they were able to walk over to our house. When they got here the boys were in the boat working while Lorena and I sat on the porch with little Tomas catching up. I can't believe how much hair that kid has! All my friends are having babies with tons of hair. He is pretty cute and a very good baby.
They ended up leaving around 2:00 and Zac and I decided it was time to get some lunch and run a few errands. As much as I like going out and doing things I must say it sure feels good to just hang out at home sometimes. Get things done around the house. Zac left for work today so its just me and Huds. I am planning on doing a deep cleaning on our house. I swear one of the hardest things for me to do is keep this house clean. I feel like I can never keep up with it. I am going to try my best to clean up today so that tomorrow I can get some grocery shopping in because Wednesday Zac and I are going to go camping! I want to take advantage of my spring break and sometimes getting away is the best feeling. Camping is an inexpensive way to have fun. Hope y'all had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment