You know the saying go big or go home? Well I felt like that would be a good title for my blog post today because I am going to talk to y'all about our newest boat.
Now Im sure all of you remember the monster fish that I caught. Of course I posted a picture of it to your left. Well I am still living off that catch. I talk about it all the time and if I can ever show anyone a picture….even random people…I will. It was a pretty exciting day for me to say the least. And that big fish really got me hooked (pun intended) on ocean fishing. Don't get me wrong, I love the lake. You could even say that I love lakes more then I love the ocean, but I have a feeling that my love for the ocean is going to be growing. Needless to say, after going out in the ocean in a 14' aluminum boat Zac and I decided that we needed a bigger boat. The search for the bigger boat went on for weeks, months even. Zac was on-line every single day and we even went to go look at a few. I wasn't impressed.
Finally one day Zac showed me a boat that looked a little to good to be true. It had everything we wanted in an ocean boat but what was wrong with it? It was all the way in Oklahoma! I just laughed it off like…yeah right Zac! Although Zac's wheels started turning. After looking at even more boats Zac still came back to this Oklahoma Uniflite. He started seriously talking about making the journey to go get this boat, weighing the pros and cons and adding up all the expenses.
After e-mailing the owner of the boat and finding someone crazy enough to make the journey with him everything was all planned out. Zac was going to get off work at 8:00, drive to Oklahoma ( almost Missouri) pick up the boat, drive all the way home and go back to work. It would take him three days. He chose to take his 93 Dodge truck. It made it all the way there and almost all the way back. He was about 8 hours from home when it broke down. So after being awake for almost two days straight and towing a 23' boat now they had to sit and wait for Zacs dad to drive down with another truck and trailer. Zac was suppose to work that day but didn't end up getting to work till 2:00.
So thats the short story of Zac driving to get the boat. Since we have had it home we were able to take it out to lake sonoma to makes sure it worked….and floated for that matter. We put the boat in the water, turned the key and it started right up! What a relief. I must say that I am excited about this boat and I feel like it is the best one we have owned. Zac has been fine tuning it the last few weeks, making sure everything is working and she will be sea worthy.
My birthday is coming up and Zac asked me if I wanted to do a spa day or something for my birthday but I told him it would be fun to do a dinner cruise on the boat! So if the weather permits Zac and I are going to do a little dinner cruise out on the bay. I am excited about it. Did I mention that out boat has a little table? Its pretty sweet.
So anyways, I will try and get some better picture of our boat. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment