Saturday, April 25, 2015

Did I tell you about my birthday?


I must tell you I had a fabulous birthday!  Obviously you can tell by the photo above.  So I found out that I was actually going to have my birthday off from work! Its been awhile. So I wanted to make some plans.  People who know me, know that I love riding quads, ever since I was younger and I first road a quad at my friends house I was hooked!

I thought it might be a bit of a crazy idea but I knew my good friend Jen would be down for the trip so I mentioned it to her. Of course she was in. After doing a bit of research we decided that the least expensive way to do our trip would be to leave on Thursday, ride quads and head back home on Friday. We found a hotel that actually had a really good deal. We were able to get an over night stay, hour massages (with free robes), complimentary wine and breakfast! It was perfect.

So Thursday came and we ended up leaving Santa Rosa at around 6:30. It was quite the drive down (about 5 hours) but it seemed to go by pretty quickly with some good conversation.  We ended up getting into Pismo at 12:00. We stopped and got some monster nachos because we were feeling hungry and then headed out on the dunes! We quickly found a place to rent our quads, we had our little tutorial about where to do and where not to go and off we went.  Very similar to the last time I went to pismo my thumb started to hurt after not to long pressing down on that thumb throttle.  Its just so much fun though I kept going. We played around on the dunes and explored sand highway.  Towards the end of our ride we ended up accidentally doing a jump.  I must say that it scared me. I did NOT see it coming and as soon as I knew it was happening my first thought was, Jen us following right behind me and I need to warn her.  But by the time that I turned around it was to late and I was able to see her jump.  Luckily we were both okay and ended up laughing about the hole thing.

Of course we needed to take a picture of the MONSTER jump that we did.  I think it was about an hour and half that we were on the dunes before it was time to head back in.  We wanted to stay out longer because it was so much fun but we had our massages scheduled at 3:30! Its a rough life but someone has to do it.

We got to our hotel enjoyed our hour massages! It was wonderful.  We checked in to hour hotel went upstairs and got ready for dinner.  The restaurant at our hotel looked over the beautiful ocean. The view was amazing.  We made it in time for happy hour, got a few drinks and ordered some food.  I must tell you it was the perfect end to such and amazing day!  I had an amazing time.  The next morning we slept in and then got up to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and I must say that it was delicious! When we finished our breakfast we sat by the pool for a bit just soaking in the sun and then before we knew it, it was already time to check out.

It was a wonderful way to spend my birthday! Here are a few more pictures from our trip….








No comments:

Post a Comment