Monday, May 11, 2015

Fisher Girl Tuff

So after I had my amazing birthday trip to pismo beach I was able to come back home and then go on a fishing trip with my hubby.  Salmon season opened up the beginning of April and I had just been itching to get out there and try and catch some salmon.  We had such good luck last time we were in Fort Bragg ( minus the whole boat getting stuck incident) we decided we would head up that way and see if we could do it again.

We left at about 5:00 in the morning and I think it took us almost three hours to get there with towing the boat.  I tired to sleep in the back of the truck but I have never been very good at sleeping in cars. Although I was excited about fishing I still got that gut wrenching feeling of when we were stuck. The memories were back and they were the not so good ones. I though to myself as long as the launch goes okay and we make it out into the ocean I'll be a-okay.

Things worked out nicely. Luckily the tide was a bit higher then the last time we launched and although it was only about 3 feet deep we out it out safely.  Once we got out there even though it wasn't to crazy of a swell I started to feel a bit sick.  The boys were getting all the bait and rods ready and I just sat down and closed my eyes.  I think it was about an hour of fishing without anything before things started to really heat up.  Once we caught our fist fish it was non-stop.  Everytime we turned the boat around to go back we would catch another fish. I think Zac caught the first one, Kyle caught the second one and I got the third.  Mine was the smallest out of all of them which I wasn't to happy about so I told Kyle and Zac that I wanted to catch a big one.  My dear sweet husband asked me what I wanted to catch it on and I told him to put "pinky" out, which is my black rod with my pink AVET.  As soon as it was placed in the rod holder it went off! There was my big fish.  It was quite a work out trying to reel that guy in.  He ran couple times, but in the end I won! It was so much fun and the biggest fish of the trip.  We still had two more fish to catch for limits, which we did. I think we were on the water for maybe two hours, two and half before we were all set with limits and it was time to head back in. Now that is the way to go fishing! So much fun and I was able to catch my birthday fish!


No comments:

Post a Comment