The thing about heading up to the mountains to get your tree is that you have to be available pretty much ALL day. It takes a few hours to drive to Lake Pillsbury, get up the mountain and then find the perfect tree! The first year that we went it was cold but sunny, second year there was snow everywhere and last year it was pouring rain so I was wondering what the weather would be like for this years trip. I had a friend who was up over the weekend and she said there was some snow but as we drove up I could see a little white on the mountain tops but not much.
We probably left our house at around 7:00. Pretty early for a day off but we wanted to try and get home to make sure we could still put up the tree and the christmas lights on the house. One we reached the lake we were met with a herd of elf. I am always surprised that every time I go to Pillsbury I see them but I guess if no one is hunting them they are okay just hanging out in the open.This year we decided to bring Hudson with us. Its hard to believe that this is his first year picking out a tree with us bit the last few times we have gone it has been with Zacs family and his brother usually brings their dogs which Hudson doesn't get along very well with. But this year was his year! We let him ride inside the truck because it started to rain on the way up. Plus he doesn't bark as much when he is inside the truck. When we finally made it up the mountain we found a spot and thought we would take a look around. We didn't have much luck finding a tree but it started snowing on us and it was just beautiful. There is something about being up in the mountains and its so quite but you can hear the sound of the snow hitting the leaves.
No luck at our first spot so we hopped back in the truck and headed to our next spot. We ended up riding a tree. I must say it isn't the most attractive tree that we've had but it was all worth it just for the experience. My favorite part was being able to see my sweet Huddy run around in his element. He has really become such a good dog. He would run out of sight just doing his own thing and then Zac would give a whistle and before we knew it he would come running through the trees to come check in with us.
After we found the tree we loaded it in the back of the truck and it was back down the mountain to get everything set up! Hudson was passed out in the back of the truck! Im pretty sure he slept most of the way home. Once we got back to our house it was GO time. I stayed outside a bit to help Zac with the lights. Our new garage is pretty tall so I wanted to keep an eye one Zac with his ladder. When the lights were on outside we moved inside and while Zac took it easy I worked on the tree. I had to be careful where I put certain ornaments because not all my branches had the strength to hold them up…..my poor charlie brown tree. But, its up and we are all ready! One of my favorite things about the holidays is Zac sets everything up on a timer so when I get home the lights are on outside, the tree lights are on inside and the heater is on warming up the house. Its a nice way to come home! So now we are trying to get the house back in shape before we are off again for our next mini vacation! We sure have been busy and I don't think it will stop until the holidays come to an end. Hope y'all are enjoying the holiday season and can pick out a beautiful tree!
My cute little family!
The new garage with all her lights! (Thanks hubby for working so hard to build a beautiful shop and give it electricity!)

No comments:
Post a Comment