Sunday, August 21, 2016

A day together

So the hubby finally came home! Although he was sick so that was a bummer. I was off to work while he stayed home and tried to feel better. We did get ONE day together though! Yesterday. It had been two weeks since we had had a day off so I was happy.

So we decided on our day off together we would go to breakfast and then do a little wine tasting. We stopped by Steve and Cindys to borrow their cruiser bikes. Although we have quite a few bikes we actually do not own cruiser bikes. There is one that I have wanted for YEARS but they don't make it anymore and I have not found one that I like better. So it hasn't been a top priority. But maybe one day we will get some. So after we picked up the bikes we headed out to our winery destination…Zac had wanted to try someplace new here in Santa Rosa so we headed out toward Olivet Rd. We didn't have a set plan on what wineries we wanted to go to but we thought if we saw one that we liked then we would just stop. 


I can't remember the name of the first place we stopped but I know we had been there a long time ago with my friend Dana. The view was gorgeous but the wine wasn't the best. I don't think of myself as a wine snob but I just didn't find it that good.  From that winery I was able to spy another winery that I wanted to try called La Crema, their wine is pretty well know here in Sonoma County and they have a tasting room in Healdsburg.  We found out they had JUST opened this new tasting room a few weeks ago and we were the first people to ride bikes there. The tasting was done in house that was originally owned by the Kunde family ( the winery that we are members at) they passed away and La Crema had purchased the property. Lucky them, its gorgeous!

When we walked in they started us with a glass of Rose and then we head out to one of their decks to enjoy a flight of pinot! The weather could no be more perfect! We sat out on the deck enjoying our wine and the beautiful view. I think I will definitely go back. Once we were done it was time to ride back to the truck! I think we might of ended up riding about 5 miles. It felt good to just be outside.

























Zac is back to work today and I am having a VERY lazy Sunday.  I was able to go out this morning and finish getting the birthday gifts for my friend Rebecca. I like to try and make gifts a little more personable if I can. Its so easy to order something online or get a gift card but I usually enjoy picking gifts out and wrapping them and making it special. Her birthday is tomorrow and she wants to go on a hike and do lunch so that is what we are going to do! We will be doing the same hike that I did last weekend so hopefully its not AS hot! Things are going to get very busy with the next few weeks. Hopefully I can keep up with my blogging! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment