Monday, August 1, 2016

Tahoe

One of the many reasons I love my job so much is because I was able to meet these ladies. They have become some of my closest and dearest friends. If everything happens for a reason then I was meant to find this job just so that these good hearted people could be placed into my life.

Not only do we get to see each other almost every day but when enjoy getting together outside of work. I am sure some of you have seen some of my previous posts with us going on hikes and wine tasting together. As the year seemed to flash by it seemed like it was harder and harder for us to all get together, one of us was always busy. Well I had enough of that and being the planner that I am I happened to be looking on Groupon and I found a hotel deal in Tahoe! Right away I texted my girls to see if they would be able to do this trip and before I knew it everyone was free and we had booked our trip! I probably ended up booking it at least two months in advance (because like I said, we are busy ladies).

Its always a little nerve wracking booking a Groupon hotel on line because lets be honest, picture can make places look amazing! And then when you get there you can be very disappointed. With that in the back of my head, Sunday July 17 was already here and it was time to leave on our little over night trip. My dear friend Jen is about 7 month pregnant so I was worried that this trip might be a little much for her but she is such a trooper and did amazing! This trip needed to happened because it was most the last get together before baby Jackson came in September! We decided we would leave Santa Rosa around 7:00 so that we would hopefully get into Tahoe around 11:00. Jen had offered to drive us in her Range Rover and with her driving there was no doubt that we would be there by 10:30! Part of the trip was just the drive over to Tahoe. Stephanie (the youngest of our group) had recently quick her job at our office to persue more schooling so it was nice to catch up with her now that I wasn't spending every day with her.  We were all able to catch up, girl talk and listen to some music that really brought us back!


We weren't able to check into our hotel until 4:00 but that was okay because we planned on hanging out at the lake most of the day. The hotel that I booked happened to give us beach passes for a private beach so right when we got into town we stopped by to get our passes and check out the hotel. I must say I was VERY pleasantly surprised! It was very cute! It was called Base Camp hotel and the best way to describe it was camping/industrial/hip. All the rooms had a camping theme. The lobby had an old wood farm table, large leather couches and industrial lighting everywhere. When you walked outside they had a courtyard with an old airsteam trailer. In front of the trailer there was someone playing live music. There were picnic tables, fire pits (they gave you all the items to make s'mores) and even a beer garden! The picture above is from one of the roof top decks that they have as well. It was perfect for our over night get away. I would have to say the only down fall is that it is an older hotel and they do not have any AC, so beware on hot summer nights!

Anyways back to the beach. We were hoping to rent some lounge chairs at the beach but when we arrived they said it was to windy (which it was pretty windy) so the guy that rented the chairs was not there today. Well that sucked, but luckily we had a few towels with us. We were also able to bring a little cooler with us so we had yummy snacks to eat! We hung out at the beach for a few hours before we thought we would head back to our hotel to try and check in early. Another nice thing about the hotel is that it had a great location. It was walking distance to the heavenly shopping center, restaurants, the casino and the lake! When we got back our room was not ready yet so we went to check out the beer garden and then headed up to one of the roof top decks to enjoy the view!

Before we knew it, it was time to check in to our room. Again once we walked in I was pleasantly surprised. Very cute theme and everything seemed to be nice and clean! Our plan was to shower, get ready and walk over to the heavenly shopping center. We were all pretty hungry and ready to eat. I had done a little research and found a place called Fire and Ice where you pick out what you want to eat and then they cook it up for you, it seemed like it would be fun and a good atmosphere. Rebecca had been there before and agreed with me so we were set on where to eat for the night.  

The restaurant was about a 6 minute walk from our hotel which was nice because who wants to worry about parking. I enjoyed the food at Fire and Ice and it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the view however I do think it was WAY overpriced. It is $25.00 per person for all you can eat….which is you ate a lot it might be worth it but for me? No. The food was good though so it had that going for it.  Once we were finished eating we decide to walk around and do a little shopping. While we were walking around some of the girls spotted someone eating these mini donuts. They had to have them. We found the place that was selling them but they were already closed. Luckily my friend Jen used her growing baby bump to score us some free donuts…."The baby wants some"! And three plates of donuts later we were sitting enjoying them on a bench. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time sitting there eating those donuts with my friends.
So much fun. We were so full and pretty tired from our early morning. We decided that it was time to head back to the hotel and take it easy for the rest of the night.  We planned on this being a very chill and relaxing trip and thats just what it was!

The next morning came quickly and our hotel had a continental breakfast which happened to be waffles! Yum! So we filled up on waffles before our 4 hour ( 3 1/2 with Jen driving) drive home. So glad that we could all finally get together and can't wait until our next trip! Love you girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment