Monday, August 8, 2011

Parents in the Valley July 28-31 2011

I am slacking on my blogging! Things have been super busy as usual but I am trying to catch up. So last weekend my parents came to visit Zac and I. They drove up on on Thursday and were able to have dinner with one of my moms friends who lives in Napa. I was lucky enough to have Friday off so I was able to spend three whole days with them! Lucky me. This was my dads first time at mine and Zacs new house I can't believe we are already coming up on one year at this place.

So Friday the boys decided to test out their fishing skills. My dad had gotten a new fishing pole from us at a birthday gift and he was ready to test it out. Mom and I decided that wasn't for us so we headed into St.Helena instead to do some shopping. The weather was nice and warm! We were able to go to my moms favorite store up here, Vintage Home. Then we walked down to Foot Candy where I found a pair of 7's for $60! Even though I have about 28 pairs already I had to get them! Once we finsihed there we thought it was time for a nice cold drink and a snack so it was off to The Model Bakery. We finished making the loop and ended up at Polish to get our nails done. It was so much fun having a girls day with my mom but now it was time to meet up with the boys for a late lunch/ early dinner!

I wanted to take my parents to The Rutherford Grill because they had never been there. There food was of coarse delicious! After stuffing ourselves we were heading back to Calistoga. My mom wanted to stop by this place that used to be a nursery. We stopped and walked throught the garden but the "nursery" was closed.

Saturday arrived and we had a nice lazy day! We all slept in and Zac and I made breakfast for my parents. After lounging around at home we were off to Santa Rosa in the barracuda, Cowboys vs. Aliens had just come out and my mom really wanted to go see it. We stocked up on popcorn, candy and drinks and enjoyed the movie! Once that was over we were back to Calistoga to make our famous home made pizza!

Another wonderful day in the books and only one day left! Our last day together finally arrived. My mom wanted to go into town to get my sister and bobby a bottle of wine so what better way then bikes?! We all got on bikes and took the "long" way into town. We walked around for a bit, looked in some windows and bought some cute little trinkets at a wine store. We stopped at Cal Mart to get some wine and some more food before we headed back home because tonight Zac and I were going to BBQ!
And before I knew it the weekend was over. Mom and dad were back to So Cal on monday and I was back to work. It was so much fun having them up here and I can't wait for them to come back! Here are some more pictures from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment