Saturday, April 14, 2012

Im gonna make it

Hello my dear blogger friends. It has been quite some time since I have had the time for blogging. But on this beautiful sunny Saturday morning, here I am. Let me start by saying it has been a rough couple of weeks. As you know Zac and I are in the process of moving. I hate moving. We were able to move most of our things last weekend and spent our first couple of night here. I must admit it is taking some time for me to get used to the new living arrangements. Thankfully I have a great husband to take care of me. Lately Nick (Zacs younger brother) and I have been doing P90X. I know I don't need to work out to loose weight but I'd like to stay healthy and if we do go backpacking this summer I would like to be able to make it a little easier on myself.

This last work week was really rough on me. I was already had a lot of emotions for the move and then to add on all the meaningless drama from work, yuck. Sometimes I just need to remind myself that its just a job. In the scheme of things its just a little blip on the radar screen. At least thats how I feel about it. I feel that a job is just to pay for the things I want to do in life. It helps if you like what you do, which I do! Sometimes the drama gets the best of me.

Lets move forward to Thursday. After a tough few days at work Manny and I were able to take Thursday off and we decided it would be a perfect day to head up the the snow and get away! So up to sierra we went! We left for Tahoe at about 5:30, stopped at our new breakfast place, Buttercup Pantry and headed up the mountain.
I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to take a break from reality and head up to the mountains and just relax! It was much needed. I had to work on Friday so it was nice to come back to work fully refreshed. Friday actually went really smooth and for dinner Zac and I were able to head over the hill to Calistoga to enjoy dinner with our friends Jason and Chelsie.

Zac left for work this morning and my sweet boy Hudson let me sleep in till 8:30! Im really excited about that. Now he is fast asleep behind the couch and I am enjoying some relaxing, watching TV and surfing the web. Later today I have to let the cat our ( Leo). Im worried Im going to let him outside and I will never see him again :( I guess your suppose to keep him in the house for about 3 weeks before you let them out. We'll see how this goes. And for tonight, my friends from work are taking me out for a pre-birthday dinner. Yup, my birthday is coming up, this Tuesday to be exact. Im going to be the big 26! Im not to excited about it this year just because there are so many other things going on right now. But I will make the best of it. Speaking of making the best of things, I hear tomorrow is suppose to be 70 degrees! So Cindy and I are going to hit up Coppola's pool! I am very excited about that. Nothing like getting a little sun! Well I think thats enough updating for now. Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Kimchi-Son!! I hope you have a great one :) Great snowboarding pics. Definitely a must to have those mini getaways to keep some sanity in the craziness sometimes. Glad you were able to do that, those pics look awesome! I don't think I've snowboarded since you and I went in High School!
    Anyway, hope you have a great birthday tomorrow :)

    xoxo,
    Mishi

    ReplyDelete