Can you believe it!? Zac and I have been married for 3 years. I used to think that some of my best years were when I was in college and I think this year is starting to kick its butt! One thing I have discovered about myself is that I love to do things! Im such a home body so Im not big on traveling but there are so many awesome things to experience right here in Cali! I've been snowboarding a few times, I tried wake boarding, I've been going camping, I've done backpacking and on our anniversary trip we headed down to Pismo Beach to have some fun in the dunes. I love it.
Zac and I left Tuesday morning. Bad idea because with the traffic it took us probably 7 hours to get to Pismo. Luckily the first thing on our agenda was our massages. We actually made it a little earlier to we went to the bar that over looks the ocean and had a drink before we headed in. What a gorgeous view it was. After the massages we checked into our hotel and then got ready for dinner. We decided that we wanted to walk so we found a place close to our hotel called Ventana Grill. Mexican food, which we love. I can't wait to go back. Nothing like enjoying the sunset with margarita in hand.
Wednesday, the actual day of our anniversary. We got ready for our day in the dunes and decided to grab some breakfast on our way. Yum! I love breakfast food. I was starting to get pretty nervous about riding the quad. We had borrowed Zacs dads Honda 250R and his brother Tye's KTM dual sport. We got to the beach pretty early and headed out on sand highway until we found a good spot to park. Zac gave me a tutorial about the two stroke and then it was my turn to go! I started off pretty slow and got faster as the time went on but still not to fast. It takes awhile to get the hang of riding that quad around and after about 4 hours of it my poor thumb got swollen! That thumb throttle is killer. I would of loved to ride all day if my poor little thumb could keep up. So late afternoon we grabbed some lunch went back to the hotel, Zac took a little nap and I got ready for our evening. At about 7:00 we headed to the same place where we had our pre massage drinks. The view was amazing, again! We wined and dined until the sun went down. It went by so fast. Before we knew it, it was already Thursday and it was time for us to head back to reality.
Im a little behind on my posting (yet again) but better late then never! My next post is going to be about the first baseball game of my life! And most likely the BEST of my life with the killer seats we had. Hopefully I'll have time to post tomorrow because this weekend Im going....camping! Me, Zac, Steve, Cindy, Tye and Becca! I am so excited I can't wait. And Ill be sure to let ya'll know how it goes. In the mean time enjoy some of these pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment