Zac got off work at about 8:00 this morning and headed over my way. We decided that this time we would test out Bodega Bay. I was pumped because my last fishing adventure in the ocean was awesome! We arrived at Bodega Bay around 11:00. It is always a little intimidating launching a 14' foot boat around all these ocean boats but once we headed out there I saw a few smaller boats that reassured me. It was a bit chilly but we motored out to a nice little spot by the cliff. I was a little nervous because over to the left of us were some monster waves. Zac told me that we would be fine. We started to get a few bites, Zac caught two ling cods but they weren't big enough to keep. Before we knew it we were starting to get into those monster waves. I started to feel very un-easy with the huge swells and when I looked around it felt like we were surrounded by waves! Even Zac thought it wasn't a good place for us to be so we got out of there quick!
We found a different….safer spot to fish. Zac caught yet another fish and this one was a keeper! Finally. I was getting pretty discouraged because I kept getting bite but no fish and I kept getting my line caught on the rocks! At one point my line got caught and I thought I would have to give up, until finally it got free and what was on the end of my line!?
Who catches a star fish with a fishing pole!? This girl. Well needless to say I was still feeling pretty discouraged about not catching a fish yet. After a bit more jigging I finally got one on the line, he was a big guy. I got him all the way up to the boat, Zac had the net and then boom. Just like that he got away. I was so upset! It is so frustrating seeing the fish that you caught and then watching him swim away. It was getting colder out, I could feel it in my fingers and toes but I was so determined to catch a fish. Zac told me that we would try doing one more round and then we could head home.
I kept with it, up and down, up and down. Crap! My line got caught on a rock again! Or so I thought. Then I felt the tip of the pole start to move up and down and realized that this was no rick, this was my fish! I was so focused on this fish I did not want to let him get away. He was a pretty decent size too! We got him in the boat and measured him at about 27", not to shabby. After that the cold hit me hard! It was time to head back in. Zac and I made the cold and bumpy ride back to the boat launch. On the way home we talked about how nice it would be to have a larger boat with a cabin so that we could stay warm on our ride in and out to sea. We decided to wait till we were home to do our fish pictures.
Some Sea Lions chill in in the sun
My ling cod that I caught
Me holding mine and Zacs ling cods
So thankful to have a full day with my hubby. This is the second one we have had this month and I think we will have one more next weekend before I leave for So Cal to visit my family for Christmas. I am thankful for the days we have together. Yesterday I was able to wrap almost all the presents we have for family. It was a nice little evening having the light of the christmas tree and getting all the goodies wrapped up. I love giving gifts. It is my favorite part to see people open the gifts I get them. I feel like I did pretty good this year too so I am excited.'
Well, sorry yo ditch you all but my husband is sitting next to me and we are going to watch a movie together. Im one lucky girl! Hope everyone has a good week!


No comments:
Post a Comment