Well I had a pretty exciting and fun weekend. I have not been able to keep up with this whole blogging thing. At first I thought someone was hacking my e-mail because of my blog but now that I know thats not the case….here I am. Sorry for such a delay. I actually have a lot to blog about but thinking about it all kind of overwhelms me, so I am just going to talk about my most recent weekend.
I left for Orange the day after thanksgiving. Dana had wanted me to come visit her for awhile and check out her new place. We finally found a weekend that worked. I left about 4:00 in the morning to head down to see her. We just took it easy on Friday because I was tired from driving all day. That night we called our friend Tyler to see what the plan would be for Saturday. I had been looking on groupon to get ideas for fun things to do….When we were talking to Ty I mentioned going on a helicopter ride, mostly joking but he was like "you want to go in a helicopter? Let me call my friend". Just like that we had our plans for Saturday!
Saturday came and Dana and I got ready for our big day. We headed out to get some breakfast and do a little shopping while we waited to hear from Ty. I am doing really good on my christmas gifts this year! No stress for me. So after that we headed back to Danas apartment because we were still waiting for Tyler to get back into town. He gave us a call and told us to meet him at the Van Nuys airport at 2:00. We had to leave right away because it was a bit of a drive and there was traffic. Anyways instead of talking you through all of it I will just show you some pictures!
Me in front of our helicopterDana and I excited to go!
Flying over the Playboy mansion
All three together after 4 years!
Obviously the Hollywood sign
Flying right above the water, Santa Monica
Stoked
There we are :)
Well, that was our trip! Pretty sweet. I must say I am a big fan of helicopters they are pretty sweet. I can't wait till my friend Tyler gets his license ;) After our little joy ride we decided to head on over to the LA auto show. Tyler was super excited to see all the carbon fiber cars. I always like going to the auto show. My family usually goes every year! Its fun to check out the all the cars and you can sit in them and press buttons and all that. After walking around for a few hours and checking everything out we were pretty hungry! Dana and I hadn't eaten since our bagel that morning. We headed over to The Counter and we all built ourselves some delicious burgers! Yum. After that Tyler wanted to drive us around LA and show us some of the giant mansions. By the time we were done checking things out I think it was 10:00. I was already ready for be, you know me and my sleep. So we dropped Ty off at his van and Dana and I headed back home for some much needed sleep! It was quite the day we had.
For my last day in So Cal Dana and I decided we would head back over to Santa Monica. Instead of flying over the pier it was our turn to actually walk on the pier! Needless to say we slept in. We didn't get to Santa Monica until around noon. I was already hungry and ready to eat. We found a restaurant at the the 3rd street promenade. It was really fun to eat outside and people watch. There are definitely some interesting people! After our bellies were full we did a little window shopping. They had some pretty cute stuff. Good thing Im really bad at buying things for myself. Because those 7's jeans were just beautiful and the Juicy store? Oh I could do some damage there! We decided we wanted to head over to the pier before it got to dark! It sure was crowded that day but what do you expect the Sunday after thanksgiving. Anyways here come a few more pictures to round out my post for today. Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Bring on Christmas :)









No comments:
Post a Comment