Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vineyard Dental, I can help you ;)

So Im sure most of you know that I am a registered dental assistant, tonight I am going to talk a little about my office that I work at. First I want to start off by telling you how I got this job.

Once I discovered the dental field I always thought I would be a hygienist, I took all the classes but with two jobs, anatomy, physio and having a boyfriend I got burnt out. I decided to move back home to So Cal and take a break! When I was home I didn't want to completely cut off all my hard work so my mom suggested getting into dental assisting school. So I got in! I really enjoyed it and in May of 2009 I graduated with my AA in dental assisting. Although I was done with school the hard part had not passed yet....BOARDS! So during the summer I took my written boards, passed that and then took my pratical boards and passed that! WOO HOO what a relief. Fast forward to November. Got married, went on our honeymoon and now its time for a job. I started walking around Napa and Santa Rosa and handed out my resumes. The first place that called me back was Vineyard Dental and here I am! I can't believe I've alreay been there a year and half and have learned so much!
So here she is, Vineyard Dental! We have three general dentists and two specialty, an endodontist and periodontist
Empower Digital Dental is a company my doctor started using our new Galileos machine that takes a 3D scan of your head.
And here is our front office
This is my operatory (#9) We have a total of 9 operatories in our office, six of them are for doctors and the other three are for our hygienists.
We have one of these Macs in every room,completely paperless a digital heaven! So nice not to have to develop x-rays!
This is our new Galileos pano machine that allows us to get a 3D image or a cat scan of the skull
An example of what the Galileos can do
This is our Cerec machine. My doctor ( Dr.Anderson) has been using this for 7 years. When he bought the pratice a few years ago he brought this to our office. He is an instructor for dental assistants and doctors and teaches them how to use this machine. 
As you can see we make a lot of crowns! And Im proud do say that many of those are mine :)
Anyways, Just wanted to give you guys a little insight to where I work. I am lucky to have found such a great office.

No comments:

Post a Comment