Thursday, September 5, 2013

Just me and my thoughts

Hello blog followers, if you're out there. Right now I am sitting in bed and it is..8:58pm. I know that for many of you that might seem a little early but can you blame a girl for liking her sleep? When you give work 110% for a solid 8-9 hours a day, it can really wear you out! Plus I like to be on my A game, not feeling sluggish. Many of my co-workers had made comments about how I can have so much energy and not drink coffee. You know what my secrets are? 1) Don't get addicted to coffee 2) Drink water 3) Go to bed early 4) Don't drink alcohol on school nights. What does that make me? Best employee ever! Okay, Im being a bit dramatic over here but you get the idea. 

Im not really sure why I am talking about work right now. I had no intention to and I was going to talk about my Labor Day weekend but instead I just feel like venting. Sometimes I worry...okay I worry a lot, but I'm trying to get better at it. One of my co-workers is going on maternity leave next month and I have been chosen to take on some of her responsibilities ( remember how I said best employee ever?) Anyhoo, I am nervous and excited. I am nervous because it is a lot to take on in addition to the million other tasks I have to get done during the day but I am excited because I like to push myself and I am trying this new thing where I am doing things that arn't necessarily in my comfort zone. Plus I like the idea that if she sees that "something" in me to give me this extra job then maybe I will see that extra "something" in me too. I can just over think things sometimes. And I love this job so much I never want to do anything to screw it up. I have never had a job where I felt compelled to push myself and want to do my very best every day. My doctor told me that if you love what you do then you never work a day in your life. That is a quote that I want and am starting to believe. The only issue that I have found with this love for my new job is that I put a lot of pressure on myself and sometimes you just have to remember that you can only do what you can do. But I am feeling pretty secure because today I got my very first, very own business cards! Im pretty excited about them.

Okay so now about that whole pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I have signed up for a ballet class! The whole idea of taking the class is really exciting and honestly I can't wait for my first class this Monday. The thing that makes me a little nervous is not having anyone with me. Sometimes it is nice to have a friend along for support. But I am again, excited to push myself to try something new. I just had the urge one day to look but ballet classes and it just so happened there is a place right here in Santa Rosa that is starting classes in September, perfect. I feel like its a sign how smoothly things are working out. Plus it is on Mondays, which I have off! It is from 12:00-1:00. My first class is this coming Monday and tomorrow after work I get to go buy my ballet shoes. My teach e-mailed me the other day and at the end of her e-mail she said this "You're taking a big step to be more graceful and confident", if that doesn't pump you up I don't know what will!
I thought that once fall came around that things would begin to slow down a bit, but in fact, they haven't. I guess I am trying to stretch out summer as long as I can. Zac and I have our 4 year anniversary next week....can you believe it. Four years!? Time sure does fly. It feels like just yesterday we were walking down the aisle and living in Calistoga. Zac is going to be working a 96 hour shift at the department, so we are planning on celebrating our anniversary the weekend after. We planned a camping trip to Bucks Lake. I am very excited to go back because I feel like we just didn't have a long enough trip last time. This might be out last camping trip of the summer. Its so weird to see all the Halloween and fall decorations coming out in the stores. It goes by so quickly doesn't it?

Zac and I have made some headway on painting the outside of our house. It is quite a process for two people. We are getting ready to level our yard and get the driveway ready to gravel. We definitely need that done before the rain comes. Last time it rained I got stuck in the mud and had to put the trcuk in 4 wheel drive to get it out. Good things both of our vehicles are 4x4's! My mom is coming up the beginning of October and I am hoping the yard will be leveled and her and I can work on our back patio area. Our house came with tons of bricks and we plan on using them to make our "hang out" area. I think it will look really cool when we are done with it. There is just so much to do. But even when it gets overwhelming, I just remember its MY house, MY home that I own. That makes it feel much better.

Well its already 9:30 and I am ready for bed. One more day tomorrow then its time to enjoy my three day weekend. And yes I have plans already. Tomorrow after work is dinner with my friends from my old work, Saturday is a lake day, Sunday is a BBQ at my friend Katrina's house and Monday I have ballet, Im swamped! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment