Well, we made it to Bucks Lake. Zac and I left Friday morning around 4:00. We had to tow the pontoon so it took us a little extra time to get up there. The, Becca, Nick and Steve were able to go up a little early. I was checking the weather the night before we left and I saw it said rain and thunderstorms on Saturday. I have been camping in the rain before but I was wondering how this was going to all play out. Especially because Cindys main day at Bucks was on Saturday. But I was so ready to get away, rain or shine off we went.
We arrived at the campsite probably around 9:30 0r 10:00. Everyone else was up because they had gone fishing earlier and it was time to cook breakfast. Zac and I had already eaten breakfast on the way up so we got the boat in the water and set up the rest of our stuff. People are always amazed by how much crap Zac and I have for camping, but like Zac says whether we are camping for one night or five, we still need the same amount of stuff.
After we got settled in it was time to head out on the boat and spend some time on the lake. It was getting pretty windy so we wanted to soak up all the boat time before it got to bad. It was pretty cold out on the lake, especially with the wind. I was hoping that during this trip I would be able to get my last tan in before fall but that definitely did not happen. For some reason I can't remember that much from the first day. I know we boated across to the store to pick up a few things and that the boys turned the bear box into a smoker to smoke fish, but thats about it.
Saturday arrived and so had the rain. Cindy was able to make it Friday night just in time for our smoked salmon clam chowder and grilled cheese. I have to tell you, although rain is not the most desirable while camping I had the best night sleep on Saturday! Yes I tossed and turned a bit being on an air mattress but the sound of the wind and the rain, I loved it! The next morning we woke up and everything was wet. Zac and I had put all our stuff in our boxes that wasn't suppose to be wet so I wasn't to worried about it. We managed to cook breakfast and then decided we would test our fate out on the lake. Cindy and Steve wanted to go check out some cabins in the area...heater and heated seats? That sounded like heaven. But, those fish arnt going to catch themselves. We all loaded up into Tyes fishing boat and headed out...we weren't out there to long in the the wind and cold before it started sprinkling. I hate being cold...and wet and cold? Even worse! After the down pour started to worsen we radioed Steve and Cindy to tell them to meet us at the bar! We made it inside just in time because looking out that window onto the lake, well it just looked miserable. We sat at the bar, warmed up, ordered drinks and food and played a little dice. I was so happy to be in a warm place! I decided for the way home I would play it safe and ride with Cindy and Steve in the car. We all got back to camp and after being by the far for a bit we thought that being in the rain at camp wasn't fun...so...lets go back on a boat! This time we got on the pontoon and headed to the restaurant. Was it already dinner time? Who knows, I just did not want to try and cook in the rain. We ordered some food, I got some nice hot soup and the boys played a little pool. When it was time to head back to camp all the seats in the car were spoken for so Zac and I went back out on the pontoon to head back to camp. I was surprised how quickly we were able to get back to came. We started a nice big fire and waited for the rest of the family to arrived. Steve and Cindy had found out that their tent did not hold up very well with the rain and their sleeping bag and pads were wet! We tried to dry them by the fire as best as we could but they decided that they would sleep in the car that night.
Sunday was here. The rain had finally let up and it actually looked like the sun was going to come out for the day. It was pretty cold that morning. Zac woke me up about 6:30 to see if I wanted to go fishing. I told him it was way to cold. As soon as I said that he reminded me that I wanted to catch a big fish and this would be the only way to do it. So I got out of my warm sleeping bag and back into a boat! The first fish that we caught Zac had me come over and reel it in...however that is not what I wanted. I did not want to be handed a pole and reel in a fish, I wanted to actually catch it myself. Once I made that clear the boys showed me how to work the down rigger and told me what I needed to do. I felt like every minute or two it was go down....go back up...go down and up. I was started to get the hang of it. Finally I saw my pole bob up and down....I yelled at the boys that I had a fish and they all agreed with me. I reeled that sucker in and he put up a pretty good fight! I was so happy to catch my big fish of the trip! Probably about 10 minutes after catching that one I caught another big one! So much fun!
We had a later breakfast that day and Cindy, Steve and Nick had to head back home after. I felt so bad that Cindys one day at Bucks was so yucky. It was down to just me, Zac, Tye and Becca. After breakfast...which was probably already lunch time we sat on our camp chairs in the sun and enjoyed the view of the lake. It was nice to feel the sun back on our faces. We decided that we would try for another day out on the lake. We thought that the pontoon might be a little more comfortable because it was still very chilly out. We noticed a part of the lake that looked as if the wind was staying away. It was still cold as hell when we got out there! In fact, it felt even colder then this morning when I was out there fishing. After freezing our butts off yet again we decided to head back into camp and sit by the fire. It was heavenly to have that warmth of the fire. We sat around and just chatted and enjoyed each others company. Before we knew it it was already time to think about dinner. Zac and I decided that we would leave tonight because I really wanted to make it back in time for my ballet class. Tye and Becca went down to the lake while Zac and I packed up camp. When we were done we sat by the fire and just talked. I think that this was my favorite part of the whole trip! I love being with my family but for some reason just sitting and talking with my hubby made me feel so good. Tye and Becca came back from their little fishin adventure, cooked us some dinner and then we were off! We got home around 2:30 in the morning. We were pooped to say the least! A warm bed never felt so good. I couldn't wait till the morning because we got to go pick up Hudson and I was so excited to see him!
So that, in a nutshell was our camping trip to Bucks. I think it just might be the last one of summer! Its so sad to say. Although I feel like I am truly a summer girl I can't help but get excited for fall and winter! Today was a little more brisk then usual and had some wind...it felt like a fall day and I got excited. Well, Im already ready for bed! Life has been so busy lately hopefully I can play a little catch up this weekend. Until next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment