Doesn't that look like heaven? Thats because it is. So at the end of June beginning of July I had almost three weeks off from work (rough life, I know) Although Zac and I were busy with things around the house the whole time I was off we didn't get away…it was more of a "stay cation" for us. I wanted to go somewhere but putting in a new pocket door, re-doing our laundry room and having my family kept us plenty busy. Well after everything calmed down a bit Zac told me that he planned us a nice day together and said that I needed three outfits. 1) A cute outfit 2) A kayaking outfit 3) A hiking outfit (how cute is he?) Then he told me when he got home he would talk to me more about it.
When the hubs came home he hopped on the lap top and asked me if I wanted to see where we were going then he shows me a hotel! I was shocked because in my head I was thinking a day trip, maybe to the coast or something like that. So he showed the Albion River Inn and that picture above was the photo I saw ( minus the two of us of course). Although I have been living in Northern California for quite some time I have never really explored the Nor Cal coast so heading up to Albion sounded amazing!
Zac got off work on Sunday and once he got home we packed and headed up the coast. I think the drive took us about two hours. We decided to leave Huddy home alone on this little trip and he did great. Before we checked in to our hotel for the night we wanted to get in some kayaking. We chose not to bring ours and just rent a double. The weather was absolutely perfect for our day of kayaking (as seen above in the picture). So out we paddled for the next two hours and gave rock fishing a try. I got one solid bite and we caught lots of rocks but that was about it for our fishing adventure.
It was pretty cool that from our kayak we could look up on the cliff and see the hotel that we were staying at. I keep calling it a hotel but it doesn't look like a hotel at all, its actually like mini cottages. And one thing I thought was really cool about them is that they have no TVs (at least ours didn't) and why would I you want one with that gorgeous view!
Like I said, we kayaked for about two hours and then headed back to check into the "Inn". We stayed at cottage #9. It had a little bottle of white wine waiting for us and a fireplace! It wasn't quite cold enough to need the fireplace so we headed right outside to our deck to enjoy our wine. We took it easy just chatting and soaking in the view before it was time to get ready for our dinner date. The Inn has a restaurant on the property so we were able to walk right over. The view from the restaurant is just as good from the room! We got there a little early for happy hour and then headed inside to eat.
My sweet hubby sitting on his chair enjoying his wine. Doesn't that look just perfect? I mean if you're going to enjoy happy hour….why not be outside with that view.
So that was the end to our perfect day!
The next morning we woke up and headed back to he restaurant for our complimentary breakfast. It was turning out to be another gorgeous day. After we filled our bellies with yummy food it was time to pack up and head home….well, not home, more like head to a beautiful hike! Zac kept his word with me needing a cute ouftift, a kayaking outfit and now my hiking outfit.
So we headed to Russian Gulch for a mini 5 mile hike to a waterfall. Of course the waterfall didn't have much water…but it was still falling. The hike was very easy and very beautiful, I was very surprised how green everything was with us being in a drought. After our hike we decided to get a better look at the large bridge that we near by. We found a little trail to take so that we could get a better look. After we checked that out we decided it might be fun to take the coast all the way home and maybe stop for lunch on the way. Zac wanted to stop at Point Arena cause he heard that instead of having a dock with a "boat launch" they actually use a giant crane to lower your boat down into the water. Sure enough when we stopped there it was. He really wanted to see it in action however it was a pretty windy day so there were not many boats out. We did get to eat and see the launch though so it was defiantly a success!
Like I have already said many times already it was the perfect weekend. Thank you to my dear sweet husband for treating me like such a princess and always making me feel loved and taken care of! Love you! Now y'all can enjoy some pictures from our little trip.
The View from breakfast
Not much water but still fallen
Getting all up in the falls
Just an awesome tree on our hike
The Bridge we were looking at






No comments:
Post a Comment