Zacs dad and mine have the same birthday, July 24th. While my dad was up in Washington for his birthday Zac and I were able to spend time with his dad. Saturday we had plans to head over to the Fleckners house and work on the Shasta Trailer that they have been in the process of restoring. The goal is to have it done by October, just in time for their Redding trailer meet. So when holidays and birthdays come along ( Mothers day, fathers day etc.) we head over to help them out as our gift.
Friday night Zacs dad mentioned that there was a car show that he wanted to take his COE to. We hadn't been to a car show in quite some time so we thought it would be fun to tag along with the Barracuda. Since we are currently without a garage we headed over to storage that morning to go pick her up. The car show was in Penngrove which is pretty close. It was the perfect day, sunny and warm. Steve and Cindy had gotten there before us so when we got there we took advantage of the COE and pulled right up on her. We had the best parking spot in the place if you as me! Once we got there we decided to go grab some breakfast. After breakfast it was time to go check out the cars. We walked through all the different cars and checked things out. Its always interesting to hear people comment about the vehicles. So many different opinions from different people.
Once we were done walking around we stopped back and the Barracuda and the COE to just sit and relax. The Mopar club was checking out my barracuda and they gave me their card so I could join them on Wednesday night.
Once we finished up at the car show it was back to Steve and Cindys to do work on "Super Cute Shasta" like we promised. Zac worked on electrical while Cindy and I did some polishing of aluminum…while having a glass of wine of course. Before we knew it, dinner time had arrived. Cindy made us some delicious tacos for dinner. Yum! It was a really fun day.
Next. So on Sunday me and my girls had planned a winery day at Kunde. Zac and I became members about a month ago. I kind of think being a member at a winery can be a waste of money, only because Zac and I tend to drink cheap wine, however, with that said I am trying to get the most out of ours! They have many different options for tastings at the winery. The girls and I decided to do the Mountain top tasting. They give you a tour into the cave, through the vineyard and finally you end up about 1400ft above the winery to enjoy a tasting on their deck. We arrived at the winery a little before 3:00. We looked around and waiting for our friend Stephanie to arrive. Once she was there we headed into one of the rooms in the winery to being our tasting. It takes a total of about 2 hours. The price for the mountain top tasting is $40 but now that Im a member we all got it for $20. There are free tastings as well at the bar and the Kinneybrook room. So with that I am just going to post some pictures. Enjoy:
With this group of gals we always need a jumping picture in there! Nailed it. After our tour and tasting we were hungry so we headed over to Sea Thai Bistro for some food! A quick stop at mini Costco ( aka Rite Aid) for some ice cream and then back to my house for some MORE girl time and girl TV. It was a really great day. Can't wait to have another great adventure with these ladies.
Monday. Which brings us to today! It was…or IS a real hot one out. Zac had a great idea to take Hudson to the river to let him play in the water. But before we headed to the river we were invited over to Steve and Cindys for her to cook her famous omlettes, which we didn't want to miss out on! They were relish. When our bellies were fool we headed back home to pick up Hudson and it was off to the water!
I really haven't spent to much time at the river but Zac knew of a place to take us that wouldn't be to busy. I love Hudson to death but he just doesn't play very well with others, more of a lone wolf. So its better for us and him if we are more secluded from other dogs. The drive wasn't very far, we hit up a portion of the river that is in Windsor. It was already getting pretty warm out so Huddy was ready! When we got to "the spot" there was a lady there with her dog and horse…she told us she wouldn't be much longer so we decided to do a little exploring. Like I said, Hudson was getting hot but as long as he is moving and just not sitting around he does well. I would say about 15 or 20 minutes later on our way back to the spot we saw her, her dog and her horse walk out of the trees! It was go time for us! Hudson walked right into the river and laid down. He was so happy to cool off!
The water actually was pretty cold! I was in my swimsuit but I only ended up going into my shins. It felt really good though. So that was pretty much my weekend in a nutshell. Then it was back to reality and Zac and I ran some errands and did some grocery shopping. No bad days here! Until next time.






No comments:
Post a Comment