Our first kayak trip that we did was to Tomales Bay (which I had never been to before) We thought it would be fun to get out on the water and maybe do a little halibut fishing while we were out there. I must admit I never have any luck halibut fishing. I have been a few times and I have yet to catch one, so I wasn't getting my hopes up to high. We left in the morning and were out on the water for a few hours before the lack of no fish and the wine coming in was enough to send us back to shore. We definitely got our arm work out for the day thats for sure! After putting the kayaks away we found a cute little restaurant overlooking the bay and had some yummy lunch! It was a lot of fun.
Even if we didn't catch any fish it is always fun to get outside! Its strange because although I consider myself a homebody there are times where I absolutely love just being home, I also am at home sometimes and think I need to get out of here and so something! There is a quote on Pinterest that I found that I think helps decide my feelings to the "t".
"My heart swings back and forth between the need for routine and the urge to run"
But living this life to the fullest is what I plan on doing and so far 2015 has been quite the year for doing that.
The next kayaking trip Zac and I did was just a few weekends ago. We thought it might be fun to head over to Lake Sonoma and do a little bass fishing. We have been to Sonoma many times but I must say that we haven't had the best luck with fishing there. If we DO catch anything it would be bluegill or bass. It was going to be the perfect day to head out to the lake so we loaded up the kayaks when Zac got off work and headed up there. We stopped in Cloverdale to grab some lunch before we launched the kayaks. We decide to go the the Yoardie Creek side of Somona, which I had never been to before. When we got there we loaded up the kayaks with all our fishing gear and paddled out. We hadn't gotten to far before we were already pretty toasty from the hot sun. We decided to find a place to beach the kayaks so we could cool off in the lake and also do a little bass fishing.
I know this sounds weird but I usually don't actually go IN the lake because it is always SO cold but for some reason it was feeling perfect that day! So while I was casting out into the water I kept walking in deeper and deeper until all the sudden I felt that tug! I knew it was a fish bite so I set the hook and started to reel! It was very frustrating cause the drag on my reel was set super loose and I was scared I was going to loose the fish so I was trying to keep the fish on the line and tighten my drag at the same time! Finally I got it tight and I was reeling away while I was yelling "Fish On!" "My drag is loose!" and probably other things. I think the whole lake heard me catch that fish. Well, I finally got to see him and he was a pretty good size! I was SO excited that I actually got to catch something. I have't caught a fish in a long time and what a rush it is.

Anyways, so thats been Zac and I taking advantage of our kayaks while the Hoochie is on a break. Hopefully he can get that new motor in and running so he can get back out on the ocean, I know he really loves it! Hope everyone is having a good week! I have some exciting stuff coming up this weekend that should be fun to blog about!






No comments:
Post a Comment