So these are my girls. And we just have the best time ever! Not to long ago we all had a friday off and we thought it would be great idea to do a little wine tasting together, but not just any wine tasting, a food pairing…tasting (if that makes sense). At the beginning of the year for my moms big surprise birthday my sister and I planned a food/wine paring at St.Francis so I thought that this would be the perfect place to take the girls. So I set up some reservations and our Friday finally came.
We got to St.Francis about 20 minutes early so that we could check in and enjoy a glass of white wine while we enjoyed the beautiful scenery and of course took a few pictures!
The weather was just perfect for our wine tasting day, sunny and 75. After about 20 minutes and a few pictures later we headed inside for our tasting. St.Francis has two large half round tables that seat 8 people on each side. The (for better lack of a term) server came out and introduced himself and gave us a little 101 on the food we were able to consume. He poured us our first glass and out came the first course to go with it. Each round came with wine and a delicious pairing. Unlike a lot of wineries who do different types of pairings this one leaves you feeling full, like you actually just had a meal. I feel like its worth the money. When I was there in January it was $50 but since then they had upped the price to $60 per person.We had a real good time! (Shout out to Joby for getting some real great shots of all us girls)
After finishing up at St.Francis we thought we would head down the road and hit up one more winery. Ledson was just down the road so thats where we headed. I had never been there before but most Sonoma County residents would recognize this large mansion. I must say that from the outside Ledson is just gorgeous and really captures your eye but from the inside…eh, I wasn't TO impressed. However it was only like $10 for a tasting so we made the best of it and of course took some more amazing pictures!
It was the perfect start to our weekend! Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:
Post a Comment