Another camping trip in the books! This will be my third this summer,not to shabby if I do say so myself. Becca and I had been talking and we thought it would be fun to plan a little camping trip. Once we had the idea out there we let Tye take over the planning :)
We left on Saturday the 22nd of September. Tye and Becca were able to head up on Friday night but Zac didn't get off work till Saturday morning. We were able to pick him up in American Canyon. I was happy to be able to put Hudson in the camper shell because he was getting a little wild hanging off the side of Steves struck. I think it took us about 4 hours to get there, we did stop for lunch. We got there mid afternoon and set up camp right away. I was worried about how Hudson and Dodge would be together because our last backpack trip Hudson about ripped his ear off! We just kept them separate and they did fine.
After settling in to camp we decided it was time to play some corn hole. Its funny how you can have so much fun doing the simplest of things. I was just telling one of my co-workers the other day that I did not grow up in a wealthy family with trips to Europe or the Caribbean but some of my best memories are going on camping trips with my family! I had an amazing childhood. I am thankful that I did not only marry a man but married into a family that enjoys the same things as I do. Im one lucky girl! Alright I got a little side track, back to my weekend. After playing many games of corn hole it was time to eat. Burgers were on the menu for dinner. Delish. We built ourselves a little campfire and just enjoyed the company of each other. I must say that I liked having the warm nights while camping.
Sunday. On the menu for breakfast was breakfast burritos. I dont know what it is about camping but one of my favorite parts is the food! It got warm early and the boys wanted to go fishing for the day. Us girls decided to stay at camp and play card games. Zac was the first to get back from fishing and he joined us in our card games. Steve and Tye got back later and when we were all in camp we thought it was time for another corn hole tournament. It got a little wild, double corn holes! After we finished up the games it was time for me to test out the 70. Zac hopped on the 50 and we road around for a little bit. It was so much fun! I think I need a little 70 for camping trips!
So after fishing, corn hole and first bikes whats next on the list? Shooting of course! The boys got out their guns and had themselves a little shooting competition. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner. We had grilled cheese and tomato soup. We spent our last night around the fire and doing some good ol fashion fire writing. I am sure thankful for having such a wonderful family both in Nor Cal and So Cal I love spending time with them.
Monday morning we packed everything up and headed out. Tye wanted to take us to a little fishing hole in Twain Harte. We had lunch first and then headed to the fishing spot. Zac and I needed to head home because I had to work the next day. We left early but Tye, Becca, Steve and Cindy stayed and caught lots of fish! Well,that pretty much sums up my weekend. And guess what I have another post I need to make about my trip down to So Cal, it should be pretty exciting because it involves the car crash I got in, so come back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment