Maybe its the Valium they had me take before my appointment but I am feeling very content right now. So as you know on Monday I had my egg retrieval which seemed to go very well even if only two eggs were retrieved. After the retrieval I felt as though we got little to no information about how our eggs were doing. The unknown in this journey is probably one of the most difficult things to deal with. I was assuming from all the blogs that I have read that we would be getting updates. We ended up e-mailing Bonnie and she said unfortunately she knows what we know. She did tell us the embryologist would give our doc the information this morning at our appointment and let us know. One of my concerns is that if there is going to be nothing to transfer (which can happen) then I really don't want to take a valium and I could probably go to work! But after speaking with my dear sweet hubby he said we are fully planning on having something transferred today.
I took my Valium at 9:30 as directed and 10:30 was my appointment. I had done a lot of research from other people that said they needed a full bladder before doing the transfer so that the doctor could see everything a little better with using the traditional ultrasound instead of the vaginal one. They had never informed me about having a full bladder but I DID go through a mock transfer where she had previously measured everything out ahead of time.
We were both sitting in the reception when Dr.R came to get us both. She asked if I took the Valium and I told her I had. She said I seemed to be pretty alert and she was laughing about how funny I was acting at my retrieval. We went back into her office and she gave up some photos of our two little eggies, they are beautiful. Then she said they are looking excellent, they both have split into 4 cells and look exactly how they should at this time. My heart felt so happy! The have survived so far, we aren't out of the woods but we are able to take the next step! She said they were very symmetric which is good and that I had a pretty strong....we will call it "wall" protecting the eggs so she suggested assisted hatching. Of course we said yes if that will help us to get to our final goal of getting pregnant! Then it was off to the next room to have the transfer. It almost felt surreal after everything we have gone through.
She put my legs in the stirrups and explained what she was going to be doing. Sounds like they do a "wash" before they place he eggs or I guess embryos into my uterus. I signed some paperwork to make sure the person matched the embryos they were going to transfer. The embryologist came in with our two little embies and before I knew it they were in. Just like that Im technically pregnant until proven otherwise! Its crazy to think. I think she said within the next few days if they are going to implant it would be the 28th or 29th. So I am going to keep taking my PIO injections ( which by the way are way easier for me then my other ones, they don't hurt at all…..so far, just sore).
Now I'm in the dreaded two week wait period where there is nothing to do but try not to think about it (yeah right) and wait until I can take my first pregnancy test aka blood draw. Im hoping at least one of these little embies will make it! Stay strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment