Today Zac and I had another appointment. The plan for today? 1) Review over my new medications 2) Mock transfer and 3) Weight check. I thought I would be good but for some reason I was very nervous! As soon as we got there they had me empty my bladder (for the ultrasound) and took me back to get my weight. I was nervous that maybe my doc wouldn't be happy with where I am at. After that was done we headed into RM #5 to get started. Zac and I were sitting there as we heard the assistant tell my doctor who I was, what treatment I was doing, when I stopped my last birth control and when I started my period. Then I heard my doc say "Oooo she's gained some weight!". It made me smile because she seemed very pleased! Then the door opened and she could see me laughing. She seemed very happy with my weight gain and then I reached in my pocket and showed her the snickers I was keeping in there and she and he assistant both had a good laugh.
I scooted down on the bed, she turned off the lights and it was time to take a look! She showed me my uterus and then moved over to both ovaries. She said they both look nice and quite, just how they are suppose to be at this time. My Lupron injections are working. They keep me from ovulating. After that was done she turned on the lights and it was time to do the "Mock Transfer". They usually do one so that when its time for the actual embryo transfer they know exactly where to place those embryos! Its was painless and was super easy. She said things look perfect. Ill take that!
Once that was done we headed into Bonnies office so that we could go over my next wo injections. My next injections are called the "Stim" phase and they are are suppose to stimulate my ovaries to make lots of follicles. These are the injections Im worried about because not only does the needle get larger but its an IM (Intramuscular) injection. Plus with the Menopur you have to do a bunch of mixing and measuring. Its a bit overwhelming for sure but luckily I had my sweet hubby with me and he has a photographic memory! Score. The only down side is…he's gone for the next 3 days so he won't be doing my injections. Luckily my mother in law said she would be willing to help me out (thank goodness). Its not ideal to make your mother in law stab you with a needle but she is used to needles being a dental hygienist, she lives close by and I trust her!
So tomorrow evening is my big day. We officially start the stim phase! I have been feeling really good considering all the new things Ive been putting in my body. I know that this feeling is going to be changing within the next week so I hold onto the days I feel like this.
Plus sometimes my friends give me sweet little gifts for a much needed distraction. Its such a weird place to be in because when my friends ask me whats going on I don't mind talking about it but I feel like I could go on forever! There is so much to explain and if you don't know anything about IVF its like a whole new world. Plus I don't want my friends to feel sorry for me or think Im playing the victim, because Im not. It is what it is and I have truly excepted that. Not that it doesn't suck! Hahaha. But my infertility does not define me and I will not let it consume me, I have to many wonderful things in my life.
PHYSICAL: Ive been feeling really great. I had ONE day so far where I wasn't feeling so hot. It was when I started my period. I had cramps, a head ache and felt a bit nauseous. Other then that I'd say that Ive been waking up every morning about 3:20-3:45 for some reason and then when Im awake I have hot flashes.
MENTAL: I have been feeling pretty good lately. I was pretty nervous about my appointment this morning but other then that Im doing good. Sometimes I will get small waves of holy crap what am I doing but for the most part Im just chugging along taking things day by day! Shout out to my amazing husband!! He calms me down.
No comments:
Post a Comment